Music Adventure Intro
‘Bout time for another adventure, wouldn’t you say? This one has a lot longer time scope than my previous adventures. So Ima have to back way up in time to get you up to speed. Where to start? Mom and dad sat next to each in the band at North Bend High School in North Bend Oregon. I have no pictures of this. Wish I did. Pretty sure mom played an old silver baritone and dad played a cornet but that would make one or the other of them last seat. I’ll ask. I am the youngest of four siblings and all were encouraged in music and allowed to choose their instruments, and I think there is an innate, if not enforced selection of a different instrument for each child. The eldest, Jeff played a beautiful silver trumpet. Sister Barb played a tenor saxophone. Brother Chris played trombone. Arriving last, I really had little choice, and was forced to pick up mom’s old silver Baritone. It wasn’t all that bad. It was narrower in diameter than the modern horns of the tim...
Comments
Post a Comment